This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Digital Services;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Digital Services;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Digital Services.
2. Age Requirement
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Digital Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or in our Digital Services or on or through any of their features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 786-400-2539.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Digital Services, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, home, work, and mobile telephone numbers, date of birth, credit, or debit card number (for payment purposes only), and/or title agent licensure information, if applicable, etc. (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date, and time of your visit to or use of our Digital Services, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Digital Services; or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access or use our Digital Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through or use our Digital Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels tags and other tracking technologies;
- through the use of the global positioning system and Cell ID (“Geolocation”) which allows us to collect your precise or estimated location in real-time; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Digital Services is:
- Personal Data such as the data identified above;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Digital Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Digital Services, using our services or other services available through the Digital Services, purchasing products, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Digital Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research, development and marketing purposes; and
- Details of transactions, including electronic signature transactions, you carry out through our Digital Services and/or of the fulfillment of your orders or services. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order or requesting certain orders or services through our Digital Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Digital Services or transmitted to other users of the Digital Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Digital Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Digital Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. For example, we collect, record and store information about your activity when you access and use our Digital Services, the Internet, and other online activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Digital Services and other websites. We use various technologies to collect and store location information, including cookies, pixels or pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, session recording and replay technology, and server logs.
- Usage Details. Details of your visits to our Digital Services, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date, and time of your visit to or use of our Digital Services, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or in the Digital Services; and
- Device Information. Information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and App version information.
- Location Data. Information about your location collected through Geolocation technology.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Digital Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- improve our product and services offering;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Digital Services according to your individual interests;
- recognize you when you return to our Digital Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Pixels and Web Beacons. Pages on our Digital Services, or our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Digital Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Digital Services content and verifying system and server integrity).
Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of our Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help our Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Intercom. We may use Intercom, a web analytics service provided by Intercom, Inc. (“Intercom”) to collect certain information relating to your use of our Website. Intercom uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help our Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Intercom uses data when you visit our Website by visiting https://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy. We may also use Intercom to provide advertising features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Digital Services to you;
- provide products and services to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes; and
- provide you with notices about your account.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to provide our Website and its functionality, contents, and services to;
- to provide our App and its functionality, contents, and services;
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to personalize your experience with our Digital Services and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests;
- to provide personalized and interest-based advertising;
- to provide you with notices about your Company account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Digital Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your Account Preferences page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information, referenced below.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as follows:
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, advertising, marketing, and payment processing services.
- to advertising and marketing partners such as Facebook, Instagram, Google and other advertising networks may receive and use your Personal Data to assist us with our advertising and marketing efforts.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by One Real Title about our Digital Services users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, subpoena, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to related affiliates and to unrelated third parties to market or advertise their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. This type of sharing may be deemed a sale of Personal Data under some laws or jurisdiction. Facebook, Instagram, Google and other advertising networks may have the ability to use your Personal Data for their own marketing, advertising or business purposes. For more information about your opt-out rights, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information, referenced below;
- to affiliates and third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information, referenced below;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Company to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your Account Preferences page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Company as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates and Third Parties. By using our Digital Services, you consent to our sharing of your Personal Data with our affiliates and third parties for their promotional purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate and third parties’ promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from them. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please change your preferences in your Account Preferences page or email us email@example.com.
You may see these interest-based advertisements on our Digital Services, as well as on third party websites and apps, and across different devices you use. We may use this process to help us manage and improve the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. It also allows to display ads to our users about Company after they leave our Digital Services, and to track users after they see or click on an advertisement, keep track of users who access our Digital Services or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data collected through these tracking technologies is also saved and processed by our advertising and marketing service provider partners.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info).
7. Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us to access or change your Personal Data. You may also be able to review and change your personal information by logging into the Digital Service and visiting your Account Preferences page.
You can Contact Us to access and/or find out what information we have about you, and to correct that information. You can also review and change your Personal Data by logging into our Digital Services and visiting either the Settings or Account Preferences sections of our Digital Services. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Cookies. You can change the cookie settings that will be placed when you use our Digital Services by changing the settings on your Internet browser. You can also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), you may not be able to access or use all or areas and aspects of our Digital Services.
Personalized and interest-based advertising. You can generally opt out of receiving personalized and interest-based advertisements from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt out rights and options on the NAI website and DAA website.
Messages. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Company to send you advertising messages and content, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive from us. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Digital Services.
8. Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals, but we currently do not use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral advertising).
9. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Digital Services confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Digital Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to, on or through our Digital Services. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, in your operating system, or in the App.
10. Supplemental Disclosures and Rights Based on State Law, including CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Categories of Personal Information One Real Title Collects
Personal information does not include information that is: (a) publicly available information from government records; (b) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; or (c) certain information excluded from the scope of applicable state law (e.g., PHI covered under HIPAA and medical information may be covered under other state laws).
Categories of Sources from which One Real Title has collected Personal Information
Use of Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information
Disclosures of Personal Information for Business Purposes:
We disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties such as our vendors, business partners, service providers, including companies that assist us with marketing and advertising. For additional information please refer to “How We Use Your Information” and “Disclosure of Your Information”).
Access Request Rights
You may have the right to request that One Real Title disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months for the above business and commercial purposes. To submit an access request, see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights, referenced herein. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You may have the right to request that One Real Title delete your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless certain exceptions apply.
If you need to export or a copy of your data, please let us know and we will assist you with your request. We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it and applicable legal requirements. We may retain some data for longer periods of time than other data when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or your legal representative authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable state law. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Digital Services that are California residents and who provide Personal Information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your Personal Information with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding such activities in 2019). You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Users Outside of the United States
13. Contact Information
How to Contact Us:
Last updated: July 2023